These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Planet VR Ltd, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (I) employed by Planet VR Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Planet VR Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
- These terms and conditions tell you information about us and the legal terms and conditions on which we, Planet VR Ltd supply services to you and the participants in your booking.
- We operate the website www.planet-vr.co.uk. We are Planet VR Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 12019063 with registered address Unit 3 Ford Green Business Park, Ford Green Road, Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom, ST6 1NG.
- We operate a branded franchise network under the name “Planet VR”. In these terms and conditions, the words “Planet VR”, “we” or “us” refers to Planet VR Limited. You can find the details of the franchise legal entity under the specific franchise web page terms and conditions.
- We are independently responsible for legal and regulatory compliance and the operation of each venue (“Site”).
- The resulting legal contract is between you and Planet VR Limited who operate the Site you have booked at and is subject to these terms and conditions.
- Any issues arising from any bookings made by you through our website, over the telephone or at Site are the sole liability of Planet VR Limited who operate the Site you have booked with.
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND ACCEPTABLE USE
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Planet VR Ltd, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieves, display, and view the Content on a computer screen
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Planet VR Ltd.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website.
- bin any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order.
- making, transmitting, or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
5. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Planet VR Ltd or that of our affiliates.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
- The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
7. AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE AND DISCLAIMERS
- Any online facilities, tools, services, or information that Planet VR Ltd makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility, and satisfactory quality. Planet VR Ltd is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst Planet VR Ltd uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Planet VR Ltd accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- Planet VR Ltd reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise
8. OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
- Planet VR Limited provides access to a number of activities, which include virtual reality gaming experiences, virtual reality discovery experiences, virtual reality race car experiences and virtual reality 360 degrees spinning interactive chair, as well as participating in classes and parties (“Activities”).
- These are the terms and conditions which apply when you book to take part in an Activity with Planet VR.
- Please ensure that you and the participants in your booking have read these terms and conditions carefully. You should also check that the details of your booking are complete and accurate before you submit your booking. If you think that you have made a mistake after you have submitted your booking, please contact the relevant Site you have booked at to discuss.
- I agree as an adult participant, or the Parent/Legal Guardian of a minor participant (anyone currently under the legal age of 18) and in consideration of being permitted to participate in the activities at Planet VR, I give permission to be photographed and/or record me or my children in connection with Planet VR to use the photography and/or recording solely for advertising and promotional purposes. I waive any right to inspect or approve the use of the Photograph and/or Recording and acknowledge and agree that the rights granted to this release are without compensation of any kind.
- If the participant is a minor (a person under the legal age of 18), I agree that this Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement (“RELEASE”) is made on behalf of that minor participant and that all of the releases, waivers and promises herein are binding on that minor participant. I represent that I have full authority as Parent or Legal Guardian of the minor participant to bind the minor participant to these Terms and Conditions.
- By submitting your booking, you agree that the supply of the Activities by Planet VR and your participation in the Activities is subject to these terms and conditions.
- No booking shall be deemed to have been accepted by Planet VR unless and until the booking has been accepted in writing by Planet VR, which will include the Planet VR sending you an email confirmation of the booking.
- Planet VR reserves the right to revise these terms and conditions and to make changes to the Activities from time to time in order to comply with changes in any relevant laws or regulatory requirements.
- You need to be aged 8 years or over to use the equipment at Planet VR . Any child under the age of 12 needs to be accompanied on the premises with an adult, carer, or guardian at all times.
- You acknowledge that the Activities can be dangerous with many inherent risks and hazards. As a consequence, personal injury, and sometimes fatality, can occur. You and all participants in your booking voluntarily assume and accept all such risks and waive the right to sue Planet VR for any personal injury or fatality by agreeing to the Site Rules. All participants are required to agree to the waiver before participating in any Activity.
- All participants will be directed to the Planet VR Code by a Planet VR team member. This must be read prior to engaging in any Activity. All participants must Planet VR hygiene upper face masks to keep headsets clean and safe.
- After being shown the Planet VR Code, participants will not be individually supervised by a Pod Cadet or any other Planet VR personnel.
- People with special needs cannot participate in the activities unless they are accompanied by a parent, guardian, responsible adult, or appropriate carer. The parent, guardian, responsible adult, or carer must remain on site for anyone under 12 years of age or anyone with special needs. One adult is permitted to supervise a maximum of ten under-12-year-old. Planet VR personnel will not supervise children, regardless of the child’s age, or anyone with special needs at any time. For participants under the age of 18 or participants who lack capacity, a parent, guardian, responsible adult or carer is required to understand and acknowledge the Site Rules on behalf of the participant, stating that he or she will accept responsibility for the safety of himself or herself and for supervision of any children or anyone with special needs in his or her care. Such parent, guardian, responsible adult, or carer will ensure that all participants under the age of 18 or who lack capacity have read and understood the Site Rules.
DISABILITIES & MEDICAL PROBLEMS
- If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect the booking arrangements of that person, please tell us before you confirm your booking so we can advise as to the suitability of the chosen booking. In any case, you must give us full details in writing at the time of the booking. We may require you to produce a doctor’s certificate certifying that you are fit to participate in the booking. Acting reasonably, if we are unable to properly accommodate the needs of the person(s) concerned, we will not confirm your booking or if you did not give us full details at the time of booking, we will cancel it and impose applicable cancellation charges when we become aware of these details. Participants at Planet VR are personally responsible for their own personal well-being.
- Participants need to be able to see similar distances to those required to drive a car in order to be able to participate in an Activity and/or to supervise any under 12’s in their care. Consequently, short, or long-sighted participants must ensure that they wear contact lenses or prescribed glasses.
- Anyone who does not meet the requirements in respect of an Activity will not be allowed to undertake that Activity. It is your responsibility to ensure that all participants in your booking meet these requirements.
- Planet VR reserves the right to refuse admittance to participants or to remove a participant from Planet VR should deem it necessary to do so. This includes a participant who does not comply with the Site Rules advice or instructions of any Planet VR personnel or a participant whose behaviour is considered unsafe or who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. All participants are required to act responsibly and courteously at all times and to respect other participants and Planet VR personnel. Planet VR shall be entitled to prevent any person from undertaking or completing the Activities in the event it deems the behaviour of any participant unsuitable. The decision of the Manager on duty will be final.
- Participants must be dressed appropriately (please see the FAQ’s section of our website).
- No refunds or compensation will be payable by Planet VR in the event that any participant is not permitted to, or decides not to, undertake, or complete the Activities for any reason.
10. PRICE & PAYMENT
- Subject to any terms agreed in writing between Planet VR and you, our charges for all activities and all ancillary products shall be calculated at our current rates from time to time.
- All charges include VAT.
- Payment shall be made in full at the time of booking and can be made by using a debit card or credit card. All payments are made directly to Planet VR. No booking payments are made to or received by Planet VR.
- Planet VR reserves the right to change its prices at any time. Though any change in price will not affect any Activities which have already been booked and paid for in full at the time that the change in price becomes effective.
11. CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS
- Planet VR requires 14 days’ notice before the original booking date start time to provide a full refund for any cancellations.
- Any cancellations occurring with less than 14 days’ notice yet more than 24 hours’ notice will be offered a transfer to another Activity, or the same Activity but a different date and time or a gift voucher for the value of the session. This requires the participant to specify an alternative Activity or date and time for their booking. With less than 24 hours’ notice all cancellations will not receive a refund or transfer.
- Any cancellation must be made by visiting the relevant site or emailing at email@example.com.
Planet VR shall be entitled to cancel your booking at any time. In the event that Planet VR decides to cancel your booking it shall use its reasonable endeavours to notify you as soon as possible. In the event of cancellation under this point, you shall be entitled to transfer your booking to another date by time or to another Activity, but no other compensation or refund shall be payable by Planet VR.
- Payments made by debit or credit card will be refunded to the same card.
- No refunds will be given for transactions made by or for gift vouchers. Bookings which were made by gift vouchers and which are cancelled pursuant to the above terms and conditions may be transferred to another date and time.
- Where multiple forms of payment are used, Planet VR reserves the right to refund any monies due by debit or credit card.
- When booking a party, the deposit you make to secure your booking will be non-refundable by Planet VR.
12. DELIVERY OF SERVICE
- Subject to the terms of these terms and conditions, we shall provide the Activities to you at Planet VR that you have booked at and as set out in the booking confirmation.
- Planet VR shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that you and members of your booking’s participation in an Activity commences at the time booked. We require you and the participants in your booking to report to reception at the Site at least 10 minutes prior to your booking time. Late arrivals may not be permitted to undertake the Activities and no refunds or compensation will be payable in each circumstance.
13. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
- Planet VR, employees, directors and agents are not liable to you, the participants in your booking, or your or their dependants or legal representatives for any claim for any indirect or consequential loss or damage, including without limitation personal injury or financial loss or damage, whether such liability arises in breach of contract, tort (including negligence), statute or statutory duty save that nothing is intended to nor shall limit the liability of Planet VR in respect of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Planet VR or of its employees, agents or contractors or affect the statutory rights of any person dealing as a consumer.
- Planet VR will not be held responsible for the loss or damage of or to any of your or the participants in your booking’s property or personal belongings during your visit to the Site or arising from the booking of or participation in the Activities.
- Personal possessions are brought into the venue entirely at the owners’ risk.
- Parking facilities are available at the Site and any vehicles and their contents are left at the owners’ risk and are subject to any conditions and the payment of any fees as may be required by the provider of such facilities at the Site.
- Except as otherwise stated, any liability of Planet VR shall be limited to the refund of any charges paid to Planet VR.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Planet VR including their, employees, directors and agents are not liable for any injury, loss or damage (including damage to property or personal belongings) directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with the use of any arcade or other games machine owned or supplied by a third party.
14. SAFETY OF EQUIPMENT
- Under no circumstances will Planet VR, its representatives, affiliates, suppliers, or other third parties with which Planet VR does business (“Business partners”), be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages arising from or relating to the use of the services. This includes, but is not limited to, any loss of profit, earnings, anticipated earnings, interruption or loss of business, or any consequential losses, problems, or fault howsoever, arising out of the use of the services. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Planet VR and to waive any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, that I have or may have in the future against Planet VR, and to release Planet VR from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death, that I may suffer or that my family, heirs, assigns, personal representatives and estate may suffer as a result of my attendance at the premises and my use of the services due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence, breach of contract, or breach of any statutory or other duty of care, including any duty of care owed on the part of Planet VR and further including the failure on the part of Planet VR to safeguard or protect me from the risks, dangers and hazards of arcade virtual reality equipment and various reality content and/ or software (hereinafter referred to as “claims”). Without limiting the foregoing.
- I agree to hold harmless and indemnify Planet VR from any and all liability for any property damage or personal injury to any third party resulting from my use of Planet VR virtual reality equipment. I also agree to indemnify and fully compensate Planet VR for any property damage I cause to Planet VR property, including but not limited to Planet VR virtual reality equipment, resulting from my use of Planet VR virtual reality equipment. Furthermore, should Planet VR or anyone acting on its behalf be required to incur legal fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold Planet VR harmless from all such fees and costs.
15. EVENTS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL
- If an event outside of Planet VR reasonable control takes place that affects the performance of Planet VR obligations under these terms and conditions, Planet VR will contact you as soon as reasonably possible and Planet VR obligations under these terms and conditions shall be suspended for the duration of the event.
- If it proves necessary to close the Site or cancel any Activities for reasons beyond the reasonable control of Planet VR and in circumstances where your party has commenced participation in the Activities, you shall not be entitled to any refund (in part or in whole). In such circumstances Planet VR may, but shall not be obliged to, offer alternative dates or times at reduced rates.
16. HOW TO CONTACT US
- If you have any questions or if you have any complaints, please contact Planet VR with whom you have booked. Contact details are firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- Planet VR may transfer its rights and obligations under these terms and condition to another organisation and we will always notify you in writing if this happens, but this will not affect your rights or Planet VR obligations under these terms and conditions.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act, or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall confer on any third party or any benefit or right to enforce any of these terms and conditions.
- Each of the paragraphs of these terms and conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If Planet VR fails to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these terms and conditions, or if Planet VR does not enforce its rights against you, or if it delays in doing so, that will not mean that it has waived its rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If Planet VR does waive a default by you, it will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- It shall be the responsibility of all participants to ensure that they are dressed appropriately, and Planet VR advises participants to wear clothing appropriate for the activity and which they do not mind getting damaged. In particular the following restrictions shall apply:
- Long hair must be tied back low.
- No belts, jewellery or other sharp items of clothing that may cause damage to yourself, the equipment, or other participants.
- Planet VR will not be responsible for any damage to or loss of clothing or other personal items resulting from participation in the Activities.